back 105e fan replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm getting my boiler serviced next week and thinking about asking the guy to change the fan as its getting very noisy is this a big job ? How much to change the part ?

Sponsored Links
Just had gas guy around did a service and said no point replacing working parts ! . he said it sounds like a bearing but it could last month's if not years . is this bad advice ? Surely prevention is better than cure

Depends on your point of view.

As a trade, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Spent nearly an hour on the phone to a Landlady arguing the toss over maintenance and what was and wasn't carried out by whom over the last 6 years of the boilers life.

Good job my records were better than the nutter's memory.

IMHO he was right and you should be happy/grateful.

Keep his number. Lots out there would have sold you a new boiler.

Sponsored Links
We would be charging around £215+VAT to supply and fit.

We would service the boiler at the same time for the same price if requested.

But like I said, the other guy would be damned either way.

It won't be dangerous.

It will be cold though.

The boiler will just shut down.

Changing the fan is not difficult, but changing it because it is a little noisy is just paranoia

Chill, have a drink. read a book, save your cash.

If you really want to part with a few hundred that desperately, I can send you a proforma invoice with my company's bank details.

It's not going to spin off into the living room like the wheel on a taper-needle bearing on a British Leyland.

Or spin out of control and explode like a plane crash from War of the Worlds.

It's just going to get noisier. When it's gone, the boiler will shut down.

You posted at 8:10 saying your getting your boiler serviced next week, then by 9:37 he'd been and gone :rolleyes: i smell a rat or someones fishing ;)

I phoned him up when I posted and said its getting very noisy , he was in the area and to his credit came straight out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back