back boiler and ch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a back boiler! problem is when timer comes on to switch heating on the boiler lights runs for a bit then stops but doesnt light again therefore ive got no heating or hot water. ive switched it off on main switch hoping it would somehow reset but no. bled radiators, the ones upstairs had loads of air in them but when they stopped hissing no water came out.

:evil:

Sponsored Links
Do you hear any bubbling or hissing noise comming from teh boiler when its lit, if you left it on for a while would it light again after a wee while?

one possibility is the pump isnt working and not moving the heat out the boiler.

sounds like a blocked cold feed to me or an empty feed tank.

Sponsored Links
tank full in loft!

in airing cupboard were my pump is theres a white box with a black sort of switch coming out of it (prob more like a valve) when ive pushed it to the right it wants to come back but if i hold it u can hear water then moving about and upstairs rads making noise what is this white box?

diverter valve :D

sounds like the motor inside has burnt out and needs replacing if its the one im thinking of you have to change the whole valve unless its less than 3 years old where you can just replace the head :rolleyes:

gazthepottertonengineer said:
diverter valve :D

sounds like the motor inside has burnt out and needs replacing if its the one im thinking of you have to change the whole valve unless its less than 3 years old where you can just replace the head :rolleyes:

how many new english pounds will i need for a new one

Wow Gaz!

£40 notes.

I guess Potterton do pay too much!

Got 3 suprima's in the garage if you want them?

When Im bored Im gonna microwave them, and see if thats gets them to fire up. I would send them for scrap, but the local ***** wont even entertain suprimas. " Nah fella...them tings are ****e"

Bless him....

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back