Back boiler boiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a fire with a back boiler which I use a lot I used to have a rad in most of the rooms as well as having gas centra heating rads in every room, because I didn't want two rads in every room I took out the ones that fed from the back boiler, now whenever I lite the fire the water boils because no rads is feeding off the boiler, I wonder if it would be ok for me to put two valves in so that I can change the rads so that they either run from the gas or the back boiler, this would be quite easy to do as the pipes run side by side in the loft.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have done some very odd things!

But the back boiler is seperately controlled from the fire front. You dont have to turn it on!

Tony

Its an open fire so the back boiler is right behind the fire so any heat from the fire just makes the water get very hot, I thinking about draining all the water out as I don't need the water in there anyway that would be one way of curing it just seems a waste not to heat up the rest of the house while its on.

Are you saying that the back boiler is not being used and is disconnected from the radiator circuit?

And when the fire is turned on the water in the back boiler is boiling?

If so you need to decommision the back boiler immediately before it explodes :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Its an open fire so the back boiler is right behind the fire so any heat from the fire just makes the water get very hot, I thinking about draining all the water out as I don't need the water in there anyway that would be one way of curing it just seems a waste not to heat up the rest of the house while its on.

You need to get an RGI in before you blow yourself up, dont mess with something you know naff all about, FFS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back