Back boiler. Is it disconnected or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am the proud owner of a lovely ex-authority flat built in the 50's.
Behind a panel/& in a cupboard behind the chimney i have come across Two 28mm pipes which are no longer apparently connected to anything.
i duly cut these back as they were impeding access to the cupboard space (where the old water heater was) only to have about a litre of water come out.
My question is this, i have been told that these pipes would have been connected to the back boiler at one end and a water tank at the other. Are these Two 28mm pipes the only ones i am likely to come across? does this mean it has been safely disconnected.
Gas is not an issue as this was separate from the boiler. The Gas was disconnected to the fire when it was removed
I would like to cut these pipes right back so i can fill the space the remnants are in and/or remove the boiler completely. View media item 39305 View media item 39305 View media item 39305 View media item 39306 View media item 39306

Sponsored Links
Carry on - the gert lump of cast iron will come out fine ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back