connecting a radiator back on (sorry not a radio)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had my kitchen dot and dabbed and the person who done it disconnected the radiator but he never just disconnected it he cut the pipes coming down the wall to the radiator and put stops on. i now need to connnect it back up so want to know what i need to do can i just turn the boiler off take the stops off and connect the pipes back up then put the radiator on .thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
No!!!!! is the aerial plugged into this radio? when you say dot and dab to you mean a digital radio?

Sponsored Links
philipcooper said:
sime10 said:
You need to stay of the beer mate
i think you do you r goin on abar radio you daft b*****d i said dot and dab and you are that thick you didnt even know what it was or u r a sacastic ****

Case closed :LOL:

Calm down!!!!!
Hopefully you will of remembered which is the flow and return (which pipe goes to which end of the radiator).
Switch your boiler off and drain down the system before you take the stops off the ends left by the plasterer or you will have a flood in your kitchen.
Once it is drained, get a large kitchen bowl, slowly open one pipe (as it will have residual water in it, once that is drained do the same with the other). The system is now empty.
I think from what you have said you have refitted the rad to the wall, if not do that and connect up the pipes to the ends of the tails that the plasterer left to the rad valves.

You do not say which type of boiler you have, but either way your system will need to have some inhibitor put in. the easieast way would be to put it in the radiator.

let us know if you are unsure about this and someone will let you know.

once you are all connected up refill the system and check for leaks.

its really difficult giving advice because we do not know what level of understanding people have so if I have been either too basic or not explained enough I apologise in advance.

Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back