BACK BOILER REMOVAL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Following on from my previous thread I have been asked for advice on how to remove solid fuel back boiler from behind the fireplace.
As I have never done one before I would be grateful for any advice.
What does this entail and what size are they normally? More importantly are they likely to be very heavy?
Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
remove fire surround,hearth exposing fireplace bbu can be stainless steel heat exchanger mounted on cast frame or completely cast kin heavy :eek: .remove bricks/cement whatevers holding it in place except lintel at head of opening,it should as straightforward hope this may be of help :)

Hi Bahco
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

( :evil: Sorry :evil: )

Bet you wish you'd kept your mouth shut now!
WHile you're sledge-hammering at the masonry you might be advised to belt the back boiler if its the CI type - easier to carry it in bits!

Thanks to you both.
I have not accepted the job and have no intention after hearing your words. :D
I will tell the client it is not a difficult job and would love to help but....... :evil:

Sponsored Links
Done these a couple of times, the nice enclosed stoves built into a mantle, teapots sitting heating on top etc and swopped them for living flame gas fires with the boiler going elsewhere and all I can say is they are effing heavy and not that easy to break up either, both I did were burst heat exchangers by the heat of the solid fuel. The fireplace is a complete demolition job bar the lintel to the point the fire can be pulled out after disconnecting the pipework which is in itself effin hard to get to sometimes. The boys are right , brute strength and ignorance will win the day with this one but some are easier than others so good luck!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back