Back Boiler Replacement

I recommend a Ravenheat from B&Q. On special offer at the mo and £1200 plus VAT will see one of these babies installed and fully commissioned!

Hope this helps!

Grimly

Sponsored Links
denso13 said:
:rolleyes: Check Grimlys previous posts.

Cheers Denso13 - Why do people like him bother posting on a site that has people with genuine questions - he may have just ruined my weekend!!! :evil:

Thanks for the reality check though

Sponsored Links
Just had a boiler chap come round quoted me £2500 - £3000. Bearing in mind he is not going to remove any pipe work - just drain of the gas etc and cut it off from the back boiler. Said this would keep the cost down.

I said I do have mates that will supply me a boiler at trade price - if you tell me what I actually need - he can fit - being corgi registered etc

I was told that he cant do that as they are now all registered - and it would be impossible to do??

He also said that boilers have gone up this month - he is on some A gold plan thing?

Just to recap - I have a 3 bed 2nd floor flat / masonette

Any of this sound right?

Theres nothing wrong with you supplying the boiler as long as a corgi installs it. It would still be registered by the installer.

Very roughly I would expect you to be charged around £2100 + VAT all in.

If you supplied your own boiler then I would not warrant the boiler, only my pipe work to it. If you had a fault and wanted me to come out before you called the manufacturers it would cost you my minimum attendance rate.

I think your proposed installer is talking a load of rubbish.

gas4you said:
If you had a fault and wanted me to come out before you called the manufacturers it would cost you my minimum attendance rate.
quote]

would be funny if the customer phoned the manufacturer in before you and the service agent that came out said "installation error" :LOL:

But there wouldn't be on my installations :rolleyes: and customer has to sign to accept my terms before I start work ;)

Edit; and I still wouldn't fit anything other than a supplied Vaillant:cool:

namsag said:
Chr15 .Good job you were not around about 14 year ago when baxi (or supplier) torqued the bolts on the casting too tight more or less cutting right through the gasket .Would last about a year before giving up and flooding the house was doing about 8 a week.

552 piece of cake compared to changing casting on old baxi 572 or even worse a gloworm Majorca2 those where the days

Still doing them!

Half a days work though.

Used to enjoy doing them in summer, until this one.

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back