Back Boiler with a combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This may sound like a stupid question, but i'll ask anyway. I currently have a Combi Boiler installed. I am going to be fitting a Multi fuel stove in my kitchen and was wandering if it was possible to incorporate a back boiler to heat a couple of radiators while the stove is on?

Sponsored Links
Not unless they're separate systems because your combi is sealed/pressurised and your multifuel can't be. A dry stove will give you all the secondary heat you need anyway without the complications.

The question is: why would you? natural gas is the cheapest form of heating, whatever you add is going to be more expensive.

Sponsored Links
Depends on how much you pay for the wood. Some have free access and there are also tree surgeons and forestry types who sell seasoned logs (free leftovers from jobs) for pocket money. You're right about smokeless coal though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back