back door opening regulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am going to replaced our back wood door with UPVC, thinking to open it outwards. Is there any UK building regulation apply here about door openings or any security, insurance issue.?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Part L.

Is it within 1m of a boundary?

The direction of opening isn't an issue - external doors frequently open outwards.

There is no steps in back garden.
Boundary(fence) is almost 5 Meter away from door. One builder confused me about it. But Door manufactures say it is fine.

Sponsored Links
That's 2-3x as deep as the step outside my front door. Which opens inwards, of course.

I meant the depth of the tread, not the height of the riser...

100287.jpg

:mrgreen:

I don't know how common this is, but I know someone who had a plastic door, opening out "to save space" and lots of water came in from driving rain.

The design and seals usually expect the water to be on the "outside" and that the door will be fitted opening in.

maybe ordered as an "opens inwards" door and fitted as an opens outwards.. making the frame drains on the wrong side..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back