Back to basics...

I

imamartian

Quite often if i need to make a decision, i take it to extremes to help understand, or better still, look at how mother nature intended things, or even how we would decide things before we were 'civilised'!.

And i apologise that this is effectively another 'immigration' thread, but am i seeing this too simplisticly? Tribes don't function properly if they're mixed up. I understand why there might be an influx of people wanting to work here, but that is purely a selfish pursuit of wealth and wellbeing (which i do condone as a human trait). And therefore the migrants aren't coming here because they want to benefit Britain. And integration is a huge problem for me.

Let's suggest a scenario... war breaks out... and a part of the world's populus decide to try and erradicate what they see as the 'evil europe'. We need hundreds of thousands of our sons to protect us from being destroyed... conscription is the only way to keep the army supplied (we wouldn't have won WWii without it)... can you see all of our 'new' neighbours 'happily' going to fight to protect western ideals?

I don't have strong thoughts on this, just lots of basic concerns.... try mixing oil and water in the same tin.... it always separates in the end :(

Sponsored Links
I was going to say, that I would no more expect a Polish person to fight for Britain, than I would expect a British person to fight for Poland and then I thought about it.

with respect, my post (and my concerns) is not about specifics..... but tribes in the generic !

You are kind of missing the point that today's immigrants are the parents of tomorrow's British citizens.

When I was in the services many of my friends were children of 1st/2nd/3rd generation immigrants and they were perfectly willing to stand alongside me and fight for OUR country.

We are all the same in the end.

God forbid I may even turn out to be the descendant of a Cornishman ;)

Sponsored Links
speaking of tribes, did you know people from africa are marked as to what tribe theycome from?

serioulsy, look at their (face) cheek, you will see a mark / scar, mate asked this bloke (I had to admit to waiting for the thump) and he said yes, it is a mark that was "given to him" when he was a baby to designate his ancestoral tribe.

since i found this out i have noticed it quite a lot, so tribes still do exist

are you related to softus?

i disagree, we are not all the same in the end... never will be.... county boundaries (as eluded to by yourself), football teams, religion.... will ALWAYS create violence

Quite often if i need to make a decision, i take it to extremes to help understand, or better still, look at how mother nature intended things, or even how we would decide things before we were 'civilised'!.

And i apologise that this is effectively another 'immigration' thread, but am i seeing this too simplisticly? Tribes don't function properly if they're mixed up. I understand why there might be an influx of people wanting to work here, but that is purely a selfish pursuit of wealth and wellbeing (which i do condone as a human trait). And therefore the migrants aren't coming here because they want to benefit Britain. And integration is a huge problem for me.

Let's suggest a scenario... war breaks out... and a part of the world's populus decide to try and erradicate what they see as the 'evil europe'. We need hundreds of thousands of our sons to protect us from being destroyed... conscription is the only way to keep the army supplied (we wouldn't have won WWii without it)... can you see all of our 'new' neighbours 'happily' going to fight to protect western ideals?

I don't have strong thoughts on this, just lots of basic concerns.... try mixing oil and water in the same tin.... it always separates in the end :(

good q's you asleep joe? :LOL:

Are you related to softus?
Yes I am his younger, better looking brother ;)

We are not all the same in the end... never will be.... county boundaries (as eluded to by yourself), football teams, religion.... will ALWAYS create violence
That may be the case today but we WILL get over it ... The only natural progression in time is for a planetary Government where prosperity is there for all and poverty is a thing of the past. Only then can we move forward as a race and look beyond the confines of this miniscule planet we occupy.

Having just read what I've written makes me realise how prehistoric we still are in our attitudes and how far we have got to go ... But we will get there.

And, for those who believe in reincarnation, we'll be there to witness it :LOL:

MW

We are not all the same in the end... never will be.... county boundaries (as eluded to by yourself), football teams, religion.... will ALWAYS create violence
That may be the case today but we WILL get over it ... The only natural progression in time is for a planetary Government where prosperity is there for all and poverty is a thing of the past. Only then can we move forward as a race and look beyond the confines of this miniscule planet we occupy.

That is sooo not true.. human beings can't get over a row about an unfaithful bird or a spilled pint... tribal religion will be the undoing of us !

Are you related to softus?
Yes I am his younger, better looking brother ;)

Having just read what I've written makes me realise how prehistoric we still are in our attitudes and how far we have got to go ... But we will get there.

And, for those who believe in reincarnation, we'll be there to witness it :LOL:

MW

Have you been at the Watchtower again :LOL:

How many Muslims are there in the British forces? If there were a war against a Muslim country - which side would they be on?

Muslim is a religion and not a nationality.

I expect, like Germans in WWII, they would fight for the side they thought were the "right" side. And there were some English in WWII who fought on the side of Germany,

I am the son of Poles and am now far too old to be called up.

Would I have fought for this country, yes proberly, my father did in the WW2 but I could never decide if it was because of what was going on in Poland or because he lived in this country, which he hated.

I don't read Polish but have been on web sites where Poles are posting in English and it appears a lot are not here forever and intend returning when they can financially.

Most don't seem to like it here that much, I can't imagine what they are saying when posting in Polish

Sponsored Links
Back