for those in the know..

JohnD said:
I can tell the difference between a knife and an ordinary item of clothing.

I can also tell the difference between an ordinary item of clothing and a protective helmet that is worn when riding a motorcycle.

I can also tell the difference between the appropriate use of a butchers knife or a crash helmet; and inappropriate use (like waving it about in the street or wearing it as you approach a cashier with a till full of money. A garment that conceals the face is inappropriate here. In areas with a history of crimes being committed by people wearing garments that conceal the face it is reasonable that they should be unwelcome.

The fact that you can buy them in shops is entirely irrelevant to them being inappropriate in some circumstances. If I wanted to be silly like you then I could say I feel sorry for you being unable to tell the difference between appropriate use and inappropriate.
so we are in agreement then its wrong to cover your face up when going to a cash till n o matter who or what you are even if its your RELIGIOUS BELIEFS

Sponsored Links
Slogger said:
...i never take my lid off and i never will once the fuels in the bike what are they goingto do let me have it for free...

I see no agreement.

JohnD said:
Slogger said:
...i never take my lid off and i never will once the fuels in the bike what are they goingto do let me have it for free...

I see no agreement.
sure we do look you said this

A garment that conceals the face is inappropriate here

there you go :LOL:

Slogger said:
...i never take my lid off and i never will

Slogger said:
so we are in agreement then its wrong to cover your face up when going to a cash till

You can't even agree with yourself.

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
The fact that you can buy them in shops is entirely irrelevant to them being inappropriate in some circumstances.
So in what circumstances are they inappropriate?

When do you think people should be allowed to wear a garment with the hood up when going about their normal lawful activities, and when not?

JohnD said:
Slogger said:
...i never take my lid off and i never will

Slogger said:
so we are in agreement then its wrong to cover your face up when going to a cash till

You can't even agree with yourself.
i can and i will elaborate

when they make the rule apply to all people then and only then will i comply

now how hard is that to grasp ? :LOL:

but BAS is right if they are going to sell items of clothing designed to cover up for any purpose be it fashion or weather the there can be no hard and fast rule about the purchasers of said garments wearing them anywhere they wish

:cool:

ban-all-sheds said:
So in what circumstances are they inappropriate?
You must have missed this bit:
JohnD quite clearly said:
...wearing it as you approach a cashier with a till full of money. A garment that conceals the face is inappropriate here. In areas with a history of crimes being committed by people wearing garments that conceal the face it is reasonable that they should be unwelcome...

i am going to buy a HOODIE NOW just to see what happens :LOL:

Sorry, I have an annoying habit of reading the original question...

After recently seeing a woman in dress where her head is covered (but not face) and whole body covered in clothing... ...I am trying to be more accepting and understand why this is done.

OK - can you produce any evidence of religious texts that demand the wearing of clothes like that?

Sponsored Links
Back