Backing horses…..

As you can see, I had 2 winning and 2 placed horses. I’m hoping that there is someone here who can verify:

1. That my stake is correct (I now think that it should have been £14.00, and;

2. Tell me what my winnings should have been.

I love going the races for a day

Going by your reply, you seem to be the best placed ( no pun intended), to answer my 2 questions. Can you, (or anyone else), do that please?

Attachments

• F174A413-E72F-4205-985F-16AFA8173818.jpeg
    F174A413-E72F-4205-985F-16AFA8173818.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 42
Sponsored Links
No expert, but do maintenance for William Hill, i believe an each way bets consist of 2 bets each, so £1 is too win and £1 is a place, often up to finishing 3rd but sometimes up to finishing 4th, so £1 each way actually costs £2 .

If your horse wins you win twice, (a win and a place), finish 2nd to 4th then just the place pays out, often just 1/4 of the odds.

So you done 4 E/W single bets at £1 pound each (cost £2 ) and 1 E/W accumulater bet at £1 pound (cost £2 ), total cost £10 (10 bets) as you paid.

"Prices" you turned down, i believe that was the option of fixing odds at the time you placed bet, without that you get the odds when they run, this can be better or worse.
To work out winnings you would need the odds when they actually run.

If you had fixed prices at the ones you have wrote then,

winnings horse 1 win and place £3.50 initial stake £2
winnings horse 2 win and place £4.34 initial stake £2
winnings horse 3 place £1.88 initial stake £2
winnings horse 4 place £8,00 initial stake £2
winnings accumulater £28.64 initial stake £2, mainly I think because yo done E/W.

Total winnings potentially £46,36 but i believe the odds changed therefore affecting your winnings,
As said i am no expert but i feel £34.60 you done ok

i am no expert but i feel £34.60 you done ok
You may not be an expert Rocky but you have given me a brilliant, easy to follow explanation of how my winnings were calculated and that’s what I wanted. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Paddy Power were opening a new shop in BSE today. Terry Butcher was going to do the official opening. Outside was a couple of blokes in suits and a small rotund woman in a black body stocking and a pair of green speedos with 'Paddy Power' on them. They were trying to drum up support and potential customers. Not many people were taking any leaflets off them or engaging with them when they tried to start a conversation.

Back