bacon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone ever wondered how they slice bacon? Its quite delicate and soft so why doesnt it just squidge up when the blades(S?) come accross it?It doesnt come apart until you peel it away. Incredible.

Sponsored Links
There was a bacon slicer in our grocers when I was a kid, they used it for ham (or was that a ham slicer?) but the slices came off individually. With a pack of bacon its still intact. Some kind of wire cutters ?

Sponsored Links
equitum said:
There was a bacon slicer in our grocers when I was a kid, they used it for ham (or was that a ham slicer?) but the slices came off individually. With a pack of bacon its still intact. Some kind of wire cutters ?

Weird, they're normally in butchers, but that aside, What on earth are you talking about :LOL:

equitum said:
With a pack of bacon its still intact. Some kind of wire cutters ?
Your imagination is a bit too vivid. The bacon is sliced and the slices are placed in a pile, which is what you buy.

equitum said:
Has anyone ever wondered how they slice bacon? Its quite delicate and soft so why doesnt it just squidge up when the blades(S?) come accross it?It doesnt come apart until you peel it away. Incredible.

It's part frozen when its sliced.

nstreet said:
equitum said:

It's part frozen when its sliced.

:confused:

A piece of uncut bacon is not all soft and squidgy so why would it be difficult to slice with a sharp blade?

Amazingly other meats are the same :rolleyes: , i guess in the world of pre packed rubber meat a lot of people don't see what happens in a butchers shop.

rubber meat, is that like plastic cheese, but only in meat flaour?

where would burgers be without plastic cheese?

My butcher has a slicer like this. The handle is turned which spins the blade which cuts the bacon.

15.3.05.jpg

I can assure you the side of bacon most definatly is not part frozen.

Its not difficult to thinly slice meat with a super sharp blade.

Whats green & red and goes backwards and forwards?

Kermit on a bacon slicer :LOL:

Old ones are the best :eek:

A mate at work got caught with his willy in the bacon slicer, they both got the sack :)

RF Lighting said:
My butcher has a slicer like this. The handle is turned which spins the blade which cuts the bacon.

15.3.05.jpg

I can assure you the side of bacon most definatly is not part frozen.

Its not difficult to thinly slice meat with a super sharp blade.
Your butcher wants to treat himself to a new bacon slicing machine with a motor on it! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back