oil boiler high limit stat lock out combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im not sure if this is posted in the right area, i dont really know how to use the site.

I just had a new bathroom fitted, rad capped and new one put in a different location, bathroom fitter drained heating system, then topped up, pressure is good.

I went to wash my hands and no hot water, went to the boiler and it just doesnt respond. I think its the high limit stat needs resetting as this had to be done about 6 months ago when the pressurre dropped and it locked out. At some point a boiler man in the past has taken off the reset button that should be on the control box. The high limit stat is loose in the control box, its red and round with a little red raised round bit with what looks like a cross in the middle, the cross doesnt move when pressed. does anyone know how to reset it? i dont know how to add a pic but if you google warmflow high limit stat you will be able to see.
I also believe the burner might be in hard lock out as when you press the reset on it , it does nothing.
any advice on the high stat reset and once pressed if burner doesnt come on do i hard reset that by holding the rest button on burner for 30 seconds?
any help would be appriciated, i have ordered a rad key to see if the bathroom fitter bled the rads when filing up
thanks

Sponsored Links
Back