bad customers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i rekon its time all trades people listed bad customers in their area a bit like rouge traders to warn other traders of the nutters out there.Got to be legal surely

Sponsored Links
your heading into a minefield there tho fella. bandying folks name round on the idea that they are "rogue" or "bad" in anyway can get yourself in trouble, probably more so than they would get into.

tell me about it!!

i'm currently chasing + £7000 of invoices!

1 lot turned out to be utter ******
1 guy has lost most of his money in the credit crunch (developer can't sell developed homes, mind you the finish on them is rubbish, i mean polish)
1 guy is just usless at sending me my cheque
and 1 family are being right arsey about the job i did claiming i didn't finish job, they've even rewritten my estimate with extra's on!!

Never had a bad customer in 10 years trading, never lost any money, all have always paid up on time (pretty much :rolleyes: ) Bigger companies are the slowest payers and private individuals the quickest.

However I do vet my customers and if I have any bad vibes I won't work for them. Also I don't take on any work that I know I can't do to a good standard.

Sponsored Links
yes what ive found in 1 case only even though its down in black and white the customer decides thats not what they agreed too and thats it,must be honest did get some bad vibes even when i first quoted for this one so next time ill go with gut instincts.but surely these people should carry health warnings LOL

I have a little network of trades who all work with each other, we let each other know about rogue customers private and business.

Again, pay attention to bad vibes! I've dragged few through court.

With Bilious on this , go with your gut instinct its usually right and dont look at the potential big £ signs. Also listen to people speek in merchants and suppliers about the nutty customers
In 7 years been done for £50 .
Had one job where guy project managed his own extension and on payment day we had 30 minutes work left to hang a shower when he had finally fitted the tiles .
So as he pays us he is £500 short . SAid he thought it would be cheeki to only hold a £100 quid back till completion to which i replied and you dont think holding back 500 is feking taking the pi#s . Left house with entire balance. He then tried same thing with the plasterer.
But what goes around comes around he phoned me in a panic last week needing someone straight away. Guess he is still phoning around

I firmly believe in gut feelings and try to avoid the lure of the potential profit in the job, I may have turned down some genuine people over the years but that is my choice as self employed.

I am starting a biggish painting job this weekend and have asked for 50% up front which I have got and the other 50% is lodged with the agent who is letting out the property when I have finished.

Sponsored Links
Back