Trading Standards "Buy with Confidence Scheme"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been with the Local Council "Buy with Confidence " Scheme for some ten years now,
my opinion is that it is an independant organisation set up by Trading Standards paid for by our Rates to help customers if they encounter a "Rogue Trader" .

" Buy with Confidence" are now charging Tradesmen to be a members which puts them in the same grouping as other similar organisations, this I feel goes completely against their principles as it becomes a "money making venture"
If a customer complains, who will they really support, by striking the Trader off their records they will lose money, or will the next move be that the Customer has to pay a fee to have their complaint investigated.

Sticking by my principles I have decided to come out of this Scheme, I would be interested in other tradespeoples opinion on having to pay for this Scheme

Sponsored Links
This scheme you mention has been joined by two home counties to adopt the checkatrade scheme. So now you pay both at over £ 700.00 plus a year for the minimum requirements. More counties are to follow suit. Yes a big con IMHO :unsure:

And now unfortunately Which? Have now jumped on the bandwagon with their basic duplicate of all the others.

Totally lost their credibility now IMO.

Sponsored Links
Back