Cowboy Builders? Cowboy Customers!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Forgot we hated the program for a reason, so watch Cowboy Builders (Channel 5) last night. Big mistake, frustrated with the stupidity of it all all over again.
So......

Dear Dominique
If stupid customers follow your advice from other programs you were/are involved in (like in "how to get ridiculous discounts from traders/retailers") and have requested various quotes for a two storey extension plus an extension at the back, do show or tell us viewers what the quote amounts were from reputable businesses.

Cowboy Customers will not get into their heads that going with the builder who's quote is not even close to the others (say two quotes coming in at £ 24k and £ 25k - third quote "only" 16k) things will go wrong.
But then of course a Cowboy Customer comes running to get on TV and get everything sorted while the baddy is being chased by our dear Dominique.

Cowboy builders only get away with it because of Cowboy Customers, expecting - even being taught by dear Dominique! - that reputable builders ask over the odd.

(rant over).

Sponsored Links
I am also sick of the shows 'experts' giving ridiculous approximate prices.

Then I go in and quote... :eek: ohhh thats expensive, I usually hear.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

I particularly hate the builder they have on the program who always says " I can't do it for that price." " I'm really pushed for time and we ain't got a chance of finishing it on time ." etc etc.
It's him that sounds like the cowboy. :!: :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
I can't wait to go to Focus and get a complete new free kitchen ............as if.

....obtaining the "freebies" is done well in advance,

we are "pestered" by TV companies on a regular basis they always expect the "best" for free! we did contribute to a show (60min makeover) nearly 2 years ago - it cost us over £2k. The show has only just aired and we didnt even get a mention :confused:
In the meantime word has got out that we are a pushover and every TV show in the Uk seems to have our contact number :(

...at least focus got a mention.

My advice is to say no, it leaves a very sour taste in the mouth

A few years ago DIY-SOS started ringing us about a project near by: could we help out.
Knowing how wet of plastering everything still would be we said no - that was the main reason to refuse "assistance" ;) (Read more here about the "saga"

Forgot we hated the program for a reason, so watch Cowboy Builders (Channel 5) last night. Big mistake, frustrated with the stupidity of it all all over again.
So......

Dear Dominique
If stupid customers follow your advice from other programs you were/are involved in (like in "how to get ridiculous discounts from traders/retailers") and have requested various quotes for a two storey extension plus an extension at the back, do show or tell us viewers what the quote amounts were from reputable businesses.

Cowboy Customers will not get into their heads that going with the builder who's quote is not even close to the others (say two quotes coming in at £ 24k and £ 25k - third quote "only" 16k) things will go wrong.
But then of course a Cowboy Customer comes running to get on TV and get everything sorted while the baddy is being chased by our dear Dominique.

Cowboy builders only get away with it because of Cowboy Customers, expecting - even being taught by dear Dominique! - that reputable builders ask over the odd.

(rant over).

When can we expect this show to be aired?

Dominique is a total cant, he has not got a clue about the building game, that also goes for massive mouth malissa.

would love to see him have to make a living out of owning a shop and see if he gives all these freebies and discounts away.
What an A**e he is!.

Sponsored Links
Back