Bad smell from shower cubicle!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this question!

I have had this problem for the last two months and haven't got a clue why... what's happening is that when I flush my downstairs toilet (which is connected to a Saniflow system) after a few seconds I get a nasty sewage smell coming out of the drain in my shower cubicle in the upstairs bathroom.

Someone mentioned that the vent pipe outside might be blocked which would cause the smell to escape at the next nearest place but i have checked the vent and can't see any blockages visually.

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers
Rosedani

Sponsored Links
If the vent pipe isn't blocked, you could try fitting a hepvo valve after your shower waste, this would stop the smells in the shower.

Sponsored Links
There is water left in the trap after using the shower and the loo. I might try fitting a hepvo valve... is it easy to do or will i have to rip out the base of the shower!

Since this is a relatively new problem, tackle the cause rather than the sympton.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back