Badly damaged walls - advice needed!!

peaps mate you got your quotes all in a muckin fuddle there but muddling though it, I think I can answer you. :LOL:

Joe is hardly my sheep, far from it; he's far superior to me; he's god, I'm just one of the disciples ;)

So I don’t work much & only weekends. I had a well paid previous life for which I consider myself very lucky but which I worked very, very hard for; much harder than you could possibly imagine. What I did then is light years away from what I do now (but still relative) but I consider myself very lucky that I genuinely enjoy it & am happy to pass on what I know; do you really enjoy what you’ve done for the last 23 years; are you still enjoying it :?:

Apart from a classic car forum (I’ve got one), this is the only forum I contribute on, mainly because it was of such help to me when I started my second career in 2004; I will continue to put something back until trolls like you, who know nothing about me, (may) eventually drive me away.

I don’t need to drop my prices mate & I don’t need to fill my week; I get all the work I want or need &, as I said, I’m fussy about what I do & I'm not a one trick pony.

If you’re having a problem with plumbing, post for help. If you take the trouble to get to know me & stop kicking me in the balls, I might just give you some; what do you want to know about. ;)

Sponsored Links
Yes it would. First coat 5/1 water/pva put on, allowed to dry. Second coat 3ish/1 pva/water put on, skimmed while tacky. As advised by an untold number of plasterers on this very board.
Where have “untold numbers of plasters on the very board” advocated that PVA ing is necessary the night before a conventional re-skim; I’ve been here since 2004 & none of the spreads I know who still contribute on a daily basis & others that have since disappeared have ever advocated that; lets have some post links!

I reiterate what I said in my earlier post; PVA the day before is only necessary where it’s being used as a bonding coat on difficult & non porous surfaces; Artex, gloss/acrylic paint, tiles etc usually applied over a very much scored surface & often mixed with plaster or cement & left to dry out. All that’s needed the following day is a light wash coat of PVA, just enough to liven the surface; if you over scrub it, the whole lot re-emulsifies & defeats the object. For conventional skim over emulsion or base coat, PVA is primarily used to control suction & in this case you will do 2 coats in fairly quick succession in the first 20 minutes or so & skim when tacky but with new base plaster or render, plain old water is generally much better anyway.

You’re posting misleading information about the use of PVA & I don’t understand why some of the other experienced spreads haven’t commented on this so far.

Here's 3 examples.

roughcaster

roy c

PrenticeBoyofDerry

From 3 experienced pros. I can find many more.

another one from roy c

And from PBoD.

Read the thread again, this guy is talking about raw unpainted re-skim which he’s already firked up; the PVA is being use to control suction not as a bonding agent.

Well quite. And is that not essentially what the op of this thread has got now the wallpaper is off?

You really are a numb nuts; it must have taken you ages to find those & you still got it wrong much like your PVA link. I’m really not sure it’s worth wasting my time on you but post all the links you want; your not even a very good troll. :rolleyes:

I really don't know what your problem is and I can't be bothered arguing with you. It wasn't my pva link, I'm certainly not trolling, and I've provided several links which concur with my point. I suggest you go to bed and sleep off your unnecessary aggression. Perhaps a black coffee or two.

Sponsored Links
I dont think Richards response was directed at you keyplayer.
It did look that way though....it was getting late :confused:

I dont think Richards response was directed at you keyplayer.
It did look that way though....it was getting late :confused:
Alistair’s right I confused you with peaps having another pop; it shouldn’t have been directed at you. But my original comment wasn’t directed at you either & the links you post confirm what I said anyway; my wires seem to have got crossed. Appropriate action taken; got a lot on my mind my sincere apologies. :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back