bahco tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently found out that my "trusty" try square is out of square and my combi squares stock looks more like saw blade than a square because of use, so i was looking at a bahco set of a saw, a square, a bevel and two sizes of combi squares. does anyone know it bahco are good quality and worth getting?

thanks
tom

Sponsored Links
bahco were taken over by Sandvik, and you can not get better than that

Sponsored Links
Great screwdrivers but noticed the other day that some of their pliers are made in Vietnam. Doesnt exactly inspire confidence - the natives are known more for cannabis farms round here than quality steel.

bahco water pump pliers were stocked in b&q but now they have a wall of rothenberger tools. their pump pliers look like everyone elses

I've got a few pairs of Bahco adjustable spanners, which are quality!

Don't buy their grips (pump pliers) though, they are a pain in the backside. Knipex make nice grips.

And as for Rothenberger, they can take a running jump with their tools! I've seen a set of their grips snap in half and don't get me started on their blow torches I've lost count how many I've gone through.

Bahco hand saws aren't great, they only last 3-4 days on site before needing a new one, they used to be much better when it was Sandvik, they lasted 3 times longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back