Bahco Tools

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else noticed a further decline in the quality of Bahco tools?

I recently purchased a pair of Bent long nose pliers and the handles failed within a month and began to slip.

Side cutters do not seem to be lasting as long as they should and their range of VDE screwdrivers are just cheap and nasty.

I favour Wera as a brand, but they don't make Side cutters / grips etc but do seem to offer packs which have knipex stuff in them.

What are people's opinions of Knipex kit? I have a pair of combi pliers which seem ok but nothing else.

Sponsored Links
I only got Bahco adjustables 8", 10" and 12". I wouldn't buy anything else from them. They are solid. Knipex waterpump pliers are excellent although the Rothenberger ones I use just pip them to it I think.

I use Bahco adjustables and pipe slices, that's it, the last couple of pairs of adjustables weren't so good though, misaligned jaws on one set and jaws that didn't fully close on the replacement set.

Irwin water pump pliers are the best imho

Good question this.. and interesting given the two replies above me. I use adjustables all the time and after years of hearing how good they were bought a bacho as replacement, 10 or 12".. thing was soft as sh1t, and the jaws lost shape quicker even than boot sale cheap ones i'd had before. Perhaps there are some very good looking Chinese knock offs in the mix or somesuch, but i paid top dollar and the packing etc all looked authentic. Dunno, but it's made me very wary of brnad names full stop now. Eventually got a secondhand Crescent set off ebay and they're going very well.

Sponsored Links
I use Bahco adjustables and the last couple of pairs of adjustables weren't so good though, misaligned jaws on one set and jaws that didn't fully close on the replacement set.

I had the same problem after having spent £16 for one! :(

Very overrated and I might change my name too.

Wondered if you'd comment lol. I was gutted having heard so much about them.. had you used them before you bought that one? Think these are all copies, or just using cheaper steel now?

Wondered if you'd comment lol. I was gutted having heard so much about them.. had you used them before you bought that one? Think these are all copies, or just using cheaper steel now?

Do the newer ones you bought have "Made in Sweden" stamped on them?

I have an old one that belonged to my dad and it must be over 30 yrs old and still going strong!

The one I bought a few yrs ago seized up and needs a new jaw which costs about half what the tool cost me so it is still in the shed! :(

Do the newer ones you bought have "Made in Sweden" stamped on them?

I'll check that tomorrow.

Didnt think i still had it but yeah, mine has the made in Sweden stamp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back