Bakelite ISCO Henley Series 3 box ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
House service fuse box outside flat.

Fuse box shown has live wire from street coming in and then out the top, as shown, for flat and neighbour. Flat supply exits on right of photo as shown.
One fuse for each of flat and neighbour.

Writing on box seems to be "ISCO Henley Series 3" if my bad eyes are able to read what I could barely see?

Cable coming out to flat is inflexible old copper cased type and needs to be re-routed for tidy up.

Is this a fuse box ?? .. and how does it open.

What cable would be used to replace the inflexible old copper cased type coming into the flat ?

I'll probarly leave this to the local electric network company, but would appreciate some know how for a heads up.

IMG_20191114_153324.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is this a fuse box ?? .. and how does it open.

It seems to be what the electric network company would call a CutOut, If it is then it is NOT something you should be opening as it belongs to the DNO (electric network company ).

It seems to be what the electric network company would call a CutOut, If it is then it is NOT something you should be opening as it belongs to the DNO (electric network company ).

Thanks Bernard,
I get that entireley. Thank for your wise comments. However I'd still like to know as much about this as I can.
Why?
Because as I pick up the phone to the electric network company they are going to ask me to describe what the kit is and what I want done.
Last time I had a similar situation I had to get a sparky to describe the equipment and situation for me becasue the lady at the DNO didn't get it. The electric network company guy who came out was extremely helpful and only had to come out once becasue he got the full picture up front.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back