BAL apd, how long can you leave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just coming to the end of my bathroom refurb and although i was going to get a tiler in im sorely tempted to do the tiling myself, as was my original plan. My question about BAL-apd is ive prepared the walls 2 of them plasterboard with a skim of plaster and if i use BAL apd as the primer is there a time limit after i have applied it till i tile. I dont mean time to let it dry/soak in before tiling, i mean could i put it on say tomorrow and not tile for three weeks or more say.

Sponsored Links
Maybe I don't understand, but why on earth have you skimmed the walls if you're going to tile them?

Anyway, I generally start work on a wall between 1 and 4 hours after priming. The BAL instructions will tell exactly the minimum and recommended curing times.

Let me explain, one wall has just been built (stud wall) and has been left unskimmed, the other walls are original walls and they have a skim of plaster on them. There are 3 original walls, one is traditional construction (brick and breeze block) and has a skim of plaster over what ever they spread on the breeze first. The other two walls a drywalls with a skim of plaster. These two walls are not standard wooden stud and plasterboard, i believe they were factory made and went under the name of paramount. My question was as stated if i put apd on say today is it ok to not tile for a few weeks. I rung bal tech and asked this question and they said yes the only problem could be dust accumulating on the walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back