Anyone used tile adhesive from Mapei

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was advised to use "BAL ctf3" for a tiling job but the only supplier in my area want,s a kings ransom for it. I was told about this product and spoke to there tech department today. Its tile adhesive called "Keraflex Maxi" and its made by "Mapei". Has anyone used it. I told there tech they were large format tiles going on an old skim of plaster and some would be going direct onto unskimmed water resistant plasterboard, he advised using another of there products called "Primer G". So once again has anyone used it. I was advised to use "BAL APD" for this job originally. I not well up on tiling adhesives so i dont know if these products are any good.

Sponsored Links
Mapei have a good reputation and are as reputable as BAL or Ardex, however my personal knowledge of them ends there.

My business is marble and limestone and I've found on the odd ocassiona I get staining in the stone from Mapei grout so I tend not to use it.

For normal tiling I'd be happy to use it, and use their primer, it's best to stick to one manufacturers system.

Thanks Mudster, Mapei may be the way to go. Seeing as how Topps are holding the Ball stuff to ransom :LOL: . I got quoted £17.99 for 20kg of keraflex yesterday and for Primer-G £3.48 for 1kg and £13.99 for 5kg . Its liquid so it seems strange they sell it by the kg. I dont know what its coverage is though they didnt have that info to hand.

Sponsored Links
Primer generally goes a long way unless you have appallingly dry walls.

Mix it to spec and get yourself a paint tray and roller and off you go, it goes everywhere though, so plenty of sheeting if you have anew bath already fitted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back