BAL or Weber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have some tiling to be done at in my bathroom and after some advice on products to be used.

Some info:
Floor- 600x300 porcelain on 18mm WBP ply, floor isnt completely flat as a triple joist sits a bit higher in the middle but not too bad. approx 3m square to be tiled.

Walls- tiles undecided at moment but probably something cheapish, walls are a right mix mainly plaster in shower area, some ply boxwork (small area), plasterboarded wall, and a chase filled with bonding. at a complete guess about 16m square.

I contacted BAL who advised:
floor- SPF flex and mircomax 2 and GT1 add mix.
wall - SPF flex and micromax 2.

CTD have said that is somewhat overkill and Weber products would be better suited.

Is using weber for this small bathroom ok, or is the extra outlay on BAL worth it?

Any input is much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Its just a question of personal preference - both of them are really good and excellent to use. Personally I would use Bal Rapidset Flexible ( on offer just now at CTD) for the floor and the Ply on the wall, and the Weber standard set + for the walls.
Of course, a whole new debate will start now over whither you should tile into ply, or stick some 9.5mm plasterboard over it first....... :)[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back