bal quickset:rich c

Sponsored Links
I did have a little read the other day, its polymer modified so my immediate impression was of it being a sort of cheaper offering/alternative to Rapidset, which often gets used to patch repair or as render skim on uneven walls immediately prior to fixing. Pot life & working time looks to be rather quick for my comfort so perhaps Rapidset contains a retarding agent as well which makes it more expensive; don’t know. Availability seems patchy; Topps list it but not sure if they have it on the shelf, will have a look next time but they are rarely my first port of call unless they give me a decent discount; some stores will, some won’t.

Cost aside, I would be uneasy about using it to render base a complete wall & then tiling straight over, even though BAL says OK; tiling over damp render goes against me plastering instinct :LOL:

Cost aside, I would be uneasy about using it to render base a complete wall & then tiling straight over, even though BAL says OK; tiling over damp render goes against me plastering instinct :LOL:

Richard,
BAL Q - Set Render is a means to fast track where walls need to be straightened up like eg window reveals, holes in plasterwork / renders etc

Gaz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back