Balance Flue Fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help, anyone!! I moved into a house last year which has in it an Element 4 Balanced Flue fire - E4-1 Cupido. The issue is that every time we have used it the glass is sooting up which I guess indicates that the gas is not burning effectively. I have had a gas engineer round to it a number of times who has cleaned and serviced the fire but cannot solve the problem. I had another guy round who said that 'everything need to be destroyed and he would charge me 99 quid for just checking that'. Looking at the installation manual everything seems to be above board with the installation. the only thing I have noticed is that the horizontal terminal (execentric unit) is slightly bashed at the end - would this be the problem. Any help or advice very very appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back