Gas fire balanced flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an old existing gas fire with a direct balanced flue straight out the back. As I understand it the new replacement gas fire cannot be fitted in the same position because the external flue is within 24inches of a dividing wall. There are no windows/ doors adjacent. Is there a solution such as buying a flue extension kit to vent away from the wall. Any help would be very grateful otherwise I have a £600 gas fire for sale.

Sponsored Links
What fire is it . And do you mean the gap between the 2 houses is less than 24 inches if so what is it

Hiya It is a Flavel Emberglow. The house is detached so the wall is adjacent to my house and the nearest other dwelling is 20M away.

Sorry meant to say that the wall is just a boundary wall but is fixed to the rear of my living room but is within 24inches of the flue.

Sponsored Links
J From a surface facing the terminal 600mm (24in) page 5 of MI

So no you cant fit the fire :cry:

If i understand you right, the boundary wall connects onto the your house forming as i would say an L shape with an internal corner less than 600mm from where the flue comes out.
If so looking at the emberglow, it does not have anyway of altering the flue to take it away.
Now if it was already fitted it would just be classed as not to current standard and would probably work perfectly well like the one you already have and the thousands of other appliances out ther
And if by chance someone qualified did fit it i dont think you would ever have any problems.
But by the rules it should not be fitted, if you went for a fan flued fire this can be dropped to 300mm away

What is the measurement you have just out of curiosity?

Any good at brick work? :LOL:

Gremlin that measurement is under a car port . There does not seem to be a measurement for facing onto another wall in the dimensions

the meaurement to the wall is about 12 inches. The wall is only bout 6 foot high

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back