Balanced water feed and pressure valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi as per my previous thread regarding splitting the radiators into separate zones.

I have had a new unvented cylinder and new boiler installed.

By the new tank the heating company has installed a 3 bar pressure valve as part of the tank install. They have capped off the balanced feed as my current bathroom and en-suite cold water supply is supplied direct from the mains rather than from the airing cupboard. This is why the heating company capped the balanced supply.

I am currently ripping out my bathroom and have removed all the pipework as the layout is changing.

I am planning to re route the pipework and plan to feed the bathroom cold feed from the balanced feed.

The current showers have been ok as there is a reducing valve on the incoming mains by the stop cock I want to remove this as the outside tap pressure is pants and I want the full mains pressure.

I can easily re-plumb the bathroom and ensuite with a balanced cold feed for the bath, shower and sink. The toilets will be on the mains feed and also the boiler filling loop too

does anyone see any issue with this ?

Sponsored Links
Nope.

That being said, why is the outside tap pressure pants? It should be the same as all the rest if it's fed from the same pipework as the other are after the PRV. The tap may be at fault?

Cool thanks for the reply, you are completely right the whole pressure in the house is low I just want to have full mains pressure at the outside tap for the garden so want to remove the front end pressure reducer at the stop tap and wanted to check I was ok doing so.

The showers and sinks upstairs will be fed from the new balanced feed and the toilets and boiler and outside tap will be direct off of the mains

Have you checked the output pressure after the PRV against what the valve is set at? It may just need a clean out. Your mains pressure may be too high and the PRV is there for a reason to protect the rest of the house - Valves/Taps etc, I wouldn't just yank it out before you understand the ramifications of what doing that may be.

Sponsored Links
Ok I take your point that it might be there for a reason.

Not sure how to check the pressure/ clean out the valve in the house after the valve but the valve says it’s a 3 bar pressure

Maybe I should leave it in place by the stop cock and then just plumb the bathroom off of the balanced feed I’m the airing cupboard and I guess that the 2 pressure valves won’t make much difference as the incoming supply is reduced to 3 bar supposedly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back