Balancing a Bathroom Towel Radiator - but the valves are either on or off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have two of these Towel Radiator valves (different bathrooms) and I cannot figure out how to balance them. They seem to be either on or off, I guess I could leave them diagonally turned on, but that somewhat ruins the square effect and they are also very light and easy to turn so I know that my 3 year old will play with them and that my OCD wife will want the straight.

Do these types of valve really need balancing?

On a different note, one of my bathroom radiators has a set of in-line isolating valves which I could partially close. They are not really designed for that, but at a pinch that might help balance at least one of them?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Are all the radiators heating up ok, including the towel rails, or are you having problems?

It says in vickyplumby advert they are both radiator valves,do the square handles come off ? there could be some sort of locking off device but dont hold your breath (y)

Towel radiators aren't that large, so balancing them isn't so much of an issue. If they need balancing, then you'll need to change to a different type of valve.

Sponsored Links
I am not having an issue yet, but then I only installed them and commissioned them yesterday so I have not had a chance to check. There doesn't appear to be any method of taking the front of to adjust them, either on or off. Hopefully they have reduced the flow in the valve so that when it is on it doesn't let all the hot water flow through.

You'll probably find that the square handles come off, possibly a screw under the centre circular disc. If the handles are mounted to the valve spindles by splines, you could set the valves as you want them, remove the handles and replace on the splines in the required orientation.

He means balancing them on your shoulder as you carry them upstairs;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back