Balancing rads - what and which?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I'm planning an attempt to balance my combi ch system and have two basic questions which will give you some idea of my level of ignorance!:

1. when I take the plastic cover of the LSV, I can see a spindle-type thing poking up ... is it that spindle I should be turning or is it the nut underneath it?

2. Which way should I turn the spindle (or nut) to open the valve?

Sponsored Links
1. when I take the plastic cover of the LSV, I can see a spindle-type thing poking up ... is it that spindle I should be turning or is it the nut underneath it?

Loosen the nut first and then turn the spindle anti clockwise to open.

Check out post no 2 in the FAQs for balancing. :D

Ok tried that ... now please excuse my utter ignorance but ...

I undid the nut a little and began turning the spindle anti-clockwise ... and, because I wasn't clear on how much to turn the spindle, I decided to take off the brass nut completely and continued happily turning the spindle for ages until it wouldn't turn any more ... then I realised I couldn't get the brass nut back on ... :oops:

so I turned the spindle clockwise again until I could get the nut back on ... then I turned the ch back on and ... water came out from the 'nut' ... so I tightened it up until the water stopped ...

so, I was wondering ... just how many things had I got wrong with the procedure!
:oops: :oops:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back