Tap not turning off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Our cold tap in our bathroom doesn't turn off once its been turned off. I turn it off and water is running through as if it was open fully. I can eventually get it turned off by wiggling the top spindle about under the tap handle.
When i pull the spindle back slightly it goes off but as soon as you release it the water comes gushing through again. There is a little paperclip type thing underneath the spindle that i force in to keep it closed at the moment but does this sound like a washer problem? The tap has a nut shape below the spindle can i just use this to get it out to replace the washer if necessary. The people before us in their infinate wisdom decided to tile the bath panel so it would be a costly job if i need to get underneath the bath.
My taps look like the below and the handles turn a 1/4 turn to turn on.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn...bathroomcity.co.uk/images/products/24-261.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

Paul.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back