Balancing UFH

Is that the cabinet in the picture? If so then i would of thort a grundfos would fit there! As i say never had any problems with the grundys and it is a bigger bore pump which i would of thort should sort your problem, ive used them on 5-6 bedroom houses with about 12 zones and once air is out the system away they go, as you say though if its running quiet then chances are you wont have air in the system! Never been a big fan of wilo pumps, may not be the problem but thats what my money is on

Yeah that’s the cabinet. Hmmmm... I’ll nip out to a local shop and give it a try then. Shut off the flow and return, close the flows on each loop and remove the actuators yeah? Once installed, you’d open the flow and open the bottom drain off to push any remaining air out of the manifold yeah?

Which grundfos model would you suggest? I’ll nip to a local merchant and get one now.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you dont need to remove the actuators fully because there a pain to get back on just slacken the silver nut at the bottom enough to let the pin up. The grundfos 25-40/60 is the one that has come on all the other ones i have done just double check dimensions of pump but should go straight on! You may have to order one as never seen one on the shelf, just keep the box etc and try it, if it doesnt work just take it back and tell them it wouldnt fit

Perfect, thanks.

Yes all I can see are the 15-50/60 models on the shelves. I’m guessing that the 25-40/60 is more powerful and worth the extra money? Thanks.

Is that a Wilo Yonus ERP (25/6?), that pump should be fine TBH but no reason not to try another if that's an option open to you.

Out of interest, why do you want to increase the flow? Are you not getting a consistent 27deg across the whole of the pad?

Sponsored Links
They sold me a:
Wilo Yonos PARA RS25/1-6-RKA

Is that correct? How does it compare to a grundfos?

I’m getting a 10c drop from the mixed temp and return temp and also never getting a flow rate higher than 2lt/m

Well they're both 6m head pumps with a flow max of just over 3 m3/h delivery, so that would suggest that they are very similar.

I must admit that grundfos are the weapon of choice usually, that being said though I have fitted a few Wilo pumps in other scenarios as that's what was available and they've never given me any trouble.

Well they're both 6m head pumps with a flow max of just over 3 m3/h delivery, so that would suggest that they are very similar.

I must admit that grundfos are the weapon of choice usually, that being said though I have fitted a few Wilo pumps in other scenarios as that's what was available and they've never given me any trouble.

Thanks. You’d be expecting to get higher than 2lpm on the flow when just one loop is open though wouldn’t you?

I can’t work out what the issue is tbh. Just disappointed that it’s like this and it’s cold.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back