Balcony leaks...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A chap asked me to look at a balcony leak,it has those asbestos square tiles on it.
I've taken one up and they have been laid into bitchumen,under this is at a guess 6" concrete slab.

When you look up at the underside of this slab water is getting through crack lines.
I suspose all the tiles would need to come up,then chip up all the bitchy.
Thing is,what would you suggest putting down onto the cleaned off concrete slab to prevent futher water leaking through.

Those blanks are susposed to be the tar word begining with B

Sponsored Links
Double Jeopardy :eek: Asbestos AND **** on the same job

Sponsored Links
Sealing concrete can be tricky. Cracks in foundation or other concrete structures are often the result of water slipping in gradually over time or concrete shifts due to temperature changes. The sooner you can repair them the better as they will often lead to much larger problems. If you have no experience the best thing is to leave it to a professional, cleveland roofing . If you feel lucky, try drilling injection ports and injecting sealant into the ports. Start at the lowest elevation port and work up. Inject the sealant until you see it oozing from the next port. Whaaala! Wait 24 to 48 hours for it to dry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back