ball valve ch feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is it a good idea to put a ball valve on the ch feed coming down from the f&e tank in the loft, on an old style vented ch system.

I'm asking because I had a difference of opinion with somebody else - I thought there is no harm in it but not essential whereas the over guy said its a no no as it could lead to somebody sealing the system. That would happen if it were combined feed and vent but otherwise...

I am right or wrong :confused:

Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
please translate this into english for me!!
if you mean a vale on the outlet from the tank then it is NO, NO and then NO again

please translate this into english for me!!
if you mean a vale on the outlet from the tank then it is NO, NO and then NO again

Thought it was in English :oops: :)
I mean a levered ball valve/gate valve, etc on outlet from the tank - why is that such a big no???

an open vented system is designed to replenish any water that leaks out or evaporates via the feed pipe, so if you close the valve thiss cant happen, system will get noisy, pump will run dry and burn out, air will get into system and speed up corrosion process for starters, if it is on a combined feed and expansion it is dangerous as the vent path will be removed if the valve is shut

Sponsored Links
Arhhhh, okay so not having a valve is purely to stop a forgetful person from running system with valve closed. Could be useful though when you want to do something to system rather than blocking the outlet with a bung?

Oh well, I was kinda wrong :evil:

Cheers kirkgas

tripty";p="1499912 said:
Arhhhh, okay so not having a valve is purely to stop a forgetful person from running system with valve closed. Could be useful though when you want to do something to system rather than blocking the outlet with a bung?

Oh well, I was kinda wrong :evil:

nah sorry you are completely wrong :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back