Bamboo choice . . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I am after some advice on Bamboo, my wife is Indonesian and there are some wonderful plants over there.

I am always in awe of one Bamboo I see over there - it grows in a clump, has Green stems and the stems are up to 6 " in diameter, and is very very tall.

Can anyone point me to the largest diameter species of Bamboo I can get over here ? where from ?

Thickness of the stems is my main criteria as against height.

Space is not a problem as we are in the middle of nowhere, and likewise ultimate height is not a problem. But I dont want anything that is going to spread.

The noise from these larger plants is wonderful when the wind is blowing and they are tall - with the stems rubbing together.

Many Thanks

Gerry

Sponsored Links
Thanks bobby, emailed them and their email address just gets bounced back by the mailer deamon !

Might have to give them a call - see if they are still around !

Sponsored Links
Consider some from the Phyllostachys variety.

This has some of the tallest, fattest and most varied colours for UK climate.

You won't get anything better than perhaps a 1.5 or maybe 2" culm if you are lucky, in our climate

Phyllostachys Shanghai is claimed to be the fattest culms, or Phyllostachys Bambusoides which is big too

Plant in a sunny, warm part of the garden and provide lots and lots of water

www.junglegiants.co.uk

www.mulu.co.uk

http://thepalmcentre.co.uk

You won't get anything better than perhaps a 1.5 or maybe 2" culm if you are lucky, in our climate

come down our neck of the woods and ill show you the size of our culms! Its a lot warmer down here! :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back