Planter ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking for some ideas of what to plant in a half Whisky Barrel Approx 60cm diameter 40cm height.

I am looking for something that will grow high as its to screen above the fence line. Ideally starting height 1.5-1.8m and to grown min 2.5m.

I was thinking Bamboo, Malus White Star (Crab Apple), Portuguese Laurel (1.5m stem, head under 1m just now), I have a couple Photina Red Robin trees 1.8m head 1m planted in the ground which would be ideal but read they dont do well in planters.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think you're asking too much to try and get a 2.5m+ high plant growing well in such a small container, there won't be much nutrients or water. And even if it did get that high it would be on it's side on the first windy day.

I think you're asking too much to try and get a 2.5m+ high plant growing well in such a small container, there won't be much nutrients or water. And even if it did get that high it would be on it's side on the first windy day.

That 2.5 min should have read max.

The whisky barrels are pretty heavy planters and would be looking to tie to the fence post also.

Just looking for some ideas as not sure what would be best give the area as you said for water and nutrients.

bamboo seems to be a good option for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back