Bamboo floor question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
In the bathroom I have some bamboo flooring that has managed to stay watertight for over 20 years, but a couple of years ago I needed to put some caustic down the drain to clear it, and some leaked out of the seal at the back onto the wood. I washed it down and let it dry out, but after a while noticed that the bamboo that had been affected was a bit porous, I used wood hardener to seal it and that has seemed to work for a while, but some of it is starting to craze a bit. I suspect there is still some caustic in the wood that is still trying to soften it, so I now need to strip off the wood hardener and apply some acid to neutralise the caustic still in there, I also dont want any spare acid to also soften the wood, should I use citric acid or oxalic acid? Or any other suggestions?
Access to the area to relay is very limited, so unlikely to go that route, as the tounge and groove was given a generous dose of glue when it was laid.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back