Bang & Olufsen CD 3300

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hoping there is an electronic guru who could help.
I have a Bang & Olufsen system 3300, everything works fine except the CD player, it will start playing ok, then after about one minute there is a noise like a static discharge, and CD stops, could anyone give any clues as to what might cause this? the power supply is just live and neutral, there is no earth.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
What does a "static discharge" sound like? (A loud "crack" perhaps?)

Where does the noise emanate from? (The left-hand loudspeaker perhaps?)

What expertise and equipment have you for electronic servicing?

I have a Bang & Olufsen system 3300, everything works fine except the CD player, it will start playing ok, then after about one minute there is a noise like a static discharge, and CD stops, could anyone give any clues as to what might cause this? the power supply is just live and neutral, there is no earth.

Wotan
I suspect you are likely about to experience the exorbitant cost of high end hifi repairs. :cry:

Wotan
I suspect you are likely about to experience the exorbitant cost of high end hifi repairs. :cry:
I don't think so, if it can't be sorted, then it will be scrapped, I brought it in 1986 so it has served me well.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
What does a "static discharge" sound like? (A loud "crack" perhaps?)

Where does the noise emanate from? (The left-hand loudspeaker perhaps?)

What expertise and equipment have you for electronic servicing?
The sound seems to come from both speakers, it sounds like a loose connection instantaneous, I do not have any sophisticated test equipment, I was hoping for something simple like a blown capacitor, I know how to take the player apart for inspection, was hoping for something obvious.

Wotan

Wotan
I don't think so, if it can't be sorted, then it will be scrapped, I brought it in 1986 so it has served me well.

Wotan
I've been quoted £150 each for the repair of my Cyrus amp + power supply! they must be early-mid 90's, it may only be one of the units though, I'm not sure whether to get it done or not. Such a lot but not sure I can bear to scrap it either.

Wotan

Wotan
I've been quoted £150 each for the repair of my Cyrus amp + power supply! they must be early-mid 90's, it may only be one of the units though, I'm not sure whether to get it done or not. Such a lot but not sure I can bear to scrap it either.
If you enjoy music then have it repaired, it would be cheaper than buying new.

Wotan

Aye but they were 'serviced' by Mission about 6 years ago, I am loathe to have to spend £300 every 6 years or so and money's a lot tighter now. Sorry to hijack your thread.

Would you both stop the "multiple quoting", please. It's unnecessary and makes the thread tedious to follow.

Many thanks opps, that site looks very good, I will ask my question there, thanks for the link.

Wotan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back