Banging and clanking....

This is the top of the baxi... No vent?

IMG_20181125_192614.jpg

Sponsored Links
Take another picture looking at your cylinder straight on. Make sure the picture includes all the pipes.

Andy

Hopefully you have just got a slug of air in the system, you can spend hours trying to clear air locks but before you do just let the system stand overnight. Sometimes the air gets foamed up like in a pop bottle, if left it can rise up to one spot and the surge of the pump starting may clear it, well wort a try first

Sponsored Links
Potential air trap around the motorised valve look behind the grey plastic box on the pipe normally an air vent where the pipe enters the cylinder

Have just taken my son up to bed and the upstairs rads are all warm..... down stairs are all cold.... have left boiler on cycling through the power up down all afternoon early evening and there was enough hot water to have a shower as well......

Had someone round to look earlier and it seems it was something on the PCB that had blown so the pump wasnt working, hes temporarily bypassed this so the pump is on constantly so we have hot water and heating... and no banging and clanking.

Coming back to fit the PCB tomorrow if he can source one in time (approx £200???), sure when i had british gas homecare the guy that came when i had an issue with the fan said if it ever went they wouldnt be able to get one.............

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice, kept me warm going up and down stairs.

Certain people who provide these Care plans like telling you parts aren't available, so they can talk you into a nice new boiler. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back