Banging noise with Drayton Zone Valve acutator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently replaced our boiler with a Worcester 29cdi following renovation works. A new zone was added, compared to previous boiler. This zone seems to be working fine. The problem I have is with the original zone. When the heating has been on for a while and the thermostat knocks off the original zone there is a loud bang coming from the valve, and sometimes I can see the actuator actually moving. The loudness of the bang is dependant on how long it has been on for.

Can someone please help? I have also asked a local plumber (not the one that fitted it) for advice, he seems to think that the spring in the Drayton valve is too strong and perhaps the ball valve of a Honeywell would sort it out. Can I have your thoughts on this also please?

Sponsored Links
Valve body round wrong way. Water flowing against paddle and pushing it shut with a bang.

Can someone please help? I have also asked a local plumber (not the one that fitted it) for advice, he seems to think that the spring in the Drayton valve is too strong and perhaps the ball valve of a Honeywell would sort it out. Can I have your thoughts on this also please?

Why don't you ask the boiler fitter?

Its possible the valve was always fitted backwards and a newer stronger pump is just showing up the fault.

Asking someone else for free advice usually gets a reply that something needs to be done from which he can make some money.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back