Changing zone valve

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Do most zone valves use compatible nuts & spacing for a swap?

I have a failed Honeywell 2 port. The other zone uses a Drayton which has been very reliable.

Can I try and do a quick swap to a Drayton (towels in place)? If I need to cut olives / pipe then it'll be a drain down job which is a pig since it's a one story flat and the zone valves are at near floor level with no easy way to drain the system.

In that case the local Toolstation has a "Corgi" branded Honeywell copy so I'll get one of those.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I wouldn’t bother with the Corgi ones. You could measure the distance between and if it’s the same the nuts and olives will likely be the same.

The Honeywell valves have a finer thread pitch than most others.
Only way to be certain of a quick swap is like for like.
No chance of getting away with just a head swap?

Sponsored Links
OP wants to use toolstation cheapo Corgi head
are you suggesting that is not cost effective? please show your cost of ownership calculations please. every day is a school day..as they say

are you suggesting that is not cost effective? please show your cost of ownership calculations please. every day is a school day..as they say
I didn’t say anything about it not being cost effective, but I’ve read how theses valve heads fail considerably quicker than the original Honeywell. I’ve never owned one, so can’t give cost of ownership calculations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back