1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Base Units and Induction Hob Questions...

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by ToastyToes, 14 Feb 2019.

1. ToastyToes

ToastyToes

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    I've never designed or fitted a kitchen before so I have some questions when it comes to hob appliances and base units.

I plan to buy an induction hob ~800-830 wide and 211 deep with built-in extractor fan. Possibly: https://elica.com/GB-en/hobs/nikolatesla-switch

Questions:
    1. Can I install a 800 base unit with draw units either side if the hob is wider? Or is it best to buy a base unit one size larger then the hob? I.e 900 base unit for 830 hob.
    2. Can I use a base unit with draws below a hob? If so, do the draws tend to have space behind to accommodate for the extractor vent that goes below the base unit to recycle/extract the air?

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks

2. Sponsored Links
  3. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think these would be questions best answered by the supplier of the hob. But I doubt you will be able to use a draw unit of any kind.

4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links