Basement: Ditra vs. Dricore vs. XPS boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm redoing my basement completely and what used to be there was carpet glued to the concrete.

I'll be putting laminate flooring.

Now I found two materials I can put to start my floor underlayment:

1 - Dricore tiles underlayment

2 - Ditra tile underlayment

I'm not sure if I should even use either of those two materials because I'm thinking that XPS polystyrene boards directly over the concrete and putting underlayment wood boards would suffice. However I don't know how well moisture would ventilate without dricore or ditra.

There's also Barricade tiles but they seem to basically only be R3.2 polystyrene glued to a panel, which can easily be done using full size R10 polystyrene boards + full size underlayment wood panels.

Basically I just would like a simple recommendation as to what I should put in my basement floor underlayment. I want it to not have a humidity problem (Not that my basement has that problem) and stay warm (Hence using XPS polystyrene boards).

Help would be appreciated as the methods I find in guides vary quite a bit, but few mention how to use polystyrene to keep the floor warmer.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back