BASI s28 COMBI FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
My daughter has just bought a house fitted with a BASI S28 COMBI Boiler.
At some time the time switch broke so they (the previous owners) wisely jammed some chewing gum into the switch to keep the microswitch closed. That is not really a problem.
My main query is that if I remove the RoomStat link the boiler does not start up at all. Is there something I am missing or have they possibly messed up the control circuit somehow ?
Another anoying fault is that at times the boiler fires up OK and after around 20 seconds stops (no flame failure light), to restart means switching the supply off and then back on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Bernard

Sponsored Links
dont remove the room stat link, you are supposed to have a room stat.

what did you take the link out for?

well unless you fit a stat in its place it is never going to fire up for heating is it?

Sponsored Links
It will not fire up AT ALL, heating (as expected) or HW.

Come to think of it, the timer only controls the Heating side and with the faulty timer switch nothing was coming on.
Seems like a problem on the HW circuit somewhere as well.

Sounds like a problem common to both. Many options including pcb, fan, aps, pump or perhaps just a good service

Fires up (almost) OK when the Room Stat link is in and the timer switch is on. But that gives CH and HW.

With the Room Stat link out OR the timer OFF there is nothing.

Previous house owner said the boiler had just been serviced (about a month ago).
Seems like the spiders in Wales spin ropes :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But we shall get there - sometime or other. :!:

Could be hw diaphragm and/or diverter valve stuck. If diaphragm gone (I think these have one) then it wouldn't recognise hot tap turned on, and if DV stuck then flow would go to rads and hot water at the same time.

I WOULD BIN IT
dont waste any money on it .. experience has proved many times over ..

biasi are money pits... cheap boiler = expensive spares.

replace it with a nice new baxi .. :)

2face said:
I WOULD BIN IT

replace it with a nice new baxi .. :)

Unfortunately all that says is that 2face cannot repair boilers!

Perhaps he works for Baxi and cannot stand the competition from a reliable boiler sold at a reasonable price!!!

This is a very simple boiler and all that is needed is a new diaphragm and a new slider switch for the timeclock. ( We have about 25 switches in stock! )

Tony

HI GUYS.
just though i put a few people wide to a rip off thats just happen to me went to PLUMCENTER TO BUY A 15/60 FT95 PUMP 3 bar FOR BAXI 105e boiler guy sold me one took it out of box turns out to be a 15/60/ 130,
10 bar took it back guy said i cant give you an exchange or money back as you took it out of box ,they really are hard up at plumbcenter for sales so dont be a plank like me go elesware and keep well away from your local PLUMBCENTER,THATS PLUMBCENTER, i tried to put my case but PLUMBCENTER IN BARROW IN FURNESS said he had heard it all before, would not have minded so much but i made a better job reboxing it than when he sold it ,so be aware when you open a box from PLUMBCENTER,YOU MAY NOT GET What you wanted ,AND IT WILL COST YOU DEAR HAVE A C**p day plumbcentre barrow in furness.
customer service my a**s a really sick joke at plumbcenter

15/60 FT95 PUMP 3 bar FOR BAXI 105e

huh?

Surely the head of the ump you got would have been fine?

If you ordered the wrong one then it's not PC's fault. If the box was open when you got it, its not their fault (you shuld have checked inside). If you asked for one thing and got another but signed for it, then its not really their fault either, although one would be understandably miffed. However, if you asked for a special pump and got a standard unit in the box of the special one, then that is Grundfos' fault if the box was sealed - PC's fault if it was opened - and your fault for not checking.

If you asked for a 15/60, thats what you got I'm afraid. From your post, you went into the wrong place, asked for the wrong thing, but managed to get the right thing and didn't realise.

If you wanted spares for a boiler you should have gone to Parts Center.

These places are really trade counters. tarted up to ge a bit more off the street custom. The staff are not that bright so you do need to know what you want when you go in there.

I always take back anything unwanted to PC whether it is opened or not. I have never had anything refused for taking back and never had any re-stocking charge added at my local branch.

They couldn't treat me better (apart from today when they had accidentally cancelled my boiler & rads order that I was waiting for at my customers :eek: But then I invoice them for a days labour for their mistake ;) )

Should really start a new thread in Trade Talk if you want to slag off PC :rolleyes:

billyo, it is just unfortunate that is happened to you, but you are a high risk customer that are more likely to return stuff. when i order the wrong part i don't just return it, if i dropped the ball i eat the cost. that way i make good calls first time every time(almost :D ) i had good service of my parts center.

the pc want your money not your hassle. if you where ordering lots of stuff then they maybe they maybe more likely to help you

biasi are not that hard that to fix

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back