Worcester-Bosch combi fault and high pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Hoping for a spot of advice on our Worcester/Bosch combi. Model greenstar 30 cdi.

A couple of days ago it showed a fault F7 which the manual says is ‘flame detected even though appliance switched off’.
I’m not aware the power has been off or an intermittent power cut on the house. So pressed reset and it all cleared and started up. The pressure on the CH was showing it at just under 1 bar, so opened the tap a little in the filling loop. It came up to about 1.1 bar so left it there.

About a day later I noticed water dripping outside from the little overflow from the boiler. Pressure was showing at just over 2 bars, at the end of the thicker green bit.
I switched the boiler off and drained some water from one of the radiator taps. The pressure dropped to about 1.8, so left it there.
Since then it’s come back up to over 2 bars and continues to drip outside.
I can’t hear any water hissing, in case the tap on filling loop has somehow jammed open.

I have got a 7 year warranty on the boiler, so will call Worcester-Bosch tomorrow morning. It has been serviced every year in line with their requirement.
Meanwhile was after a spot of advice if I can here, so I do not go in cold.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the filling loop isn't fully closed and pressure is rising to the cold mains supply pressure.
When heating is in use ,it's normal for pressure to rise ,what does yours rise to ?
With a cold pressure of 2 bar , when hot ,it may well rise to close to 3 bar and the PRV would lift and allow water out.

Thanks for the reply.

Seems to be in the range 2 - 2.2 bar.
I’ve not seen it above this, tho have been out some of the day.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back