basic laminate floor ignorance - help required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I am laying laminate floor right through a lounge -diner , AND a conservatory . The lounge bit is 2 foot wider than the diner and the conservatory is slightly off set on the back of the house - so where, oh where is my centre line ?

The idea is the beveled plank flooring was supposed to give the impresion of lenghth to a smallish property - which it will , but if the flooring f*cks off to one side it will spoil the whole effect.

I was going to follow the wall, but if ( as is ususally the case ) theres no guarantee that the rooms are square with each other it could be several inches out by the time it reaches the far end - So I therefore abandoned that idea and am thinking I should establish a dead centre line and work outover to the walls from that ?

I imagine this kind of problem is day one, on the job for your profesional floorlayer.
So what is the best way to find my true middle line through all three "offset " rooms ????????????

Is it a lazer ....???.... its a lazer isnt it ????.....wheres captain kirk ??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back