basin valve question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm looking at purchasing some basin shut off valves - but the manufacturer lists them as high pressure -

the water going to the basin is not going to be that high -

why would these need high pressure - surely they're just an on/off valve?

do you think they would work fine with the lower pressure feed to the basin that i have?

Sponsored Links
There's no reason a high pressure valve won't work.

The waterway through a service valve is often smaller than the pipework they are connected to. With low water pressure it might reduce the maximum flow. That isn't usually a problem if you're just filling a basin, but may become significant if you were trying to fill a bath through one.

There are full bore valves available, but they are bulkier and more expensive, and would probably make little difference to a basin tap.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your responses guys.

bahco - will be using these elswhere in the batroom where the pipework is concealled - but these will be on show hence I am looking at the more attractive ones - but was just concerned that they state high pressure only.

but if you think it'll make no difference tickly then i'll go for them!

thanks guys

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back