Bath Chip Repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post here, so no doubt I have put it in the wrong forum! Apologies if so.

I stupidly dropped my squeegey in the bath/shower the other day and have chipped the bath. I believe it's acrylic covered fiberglass (built in 2010). So annoyed with myself.

Anyone have any experience with repairing these themselves or using a company to repair them (expensive I believe)?

Alternatively, is it even worth repairing? Cosmetically it doesn't bother me, I'm just concerned it will lead to further damage if left.

Any knowledge or experiences greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

Thanks for the reply. Looks good but I think mine is maybe too deep to be classed as a scratch, the edge is quite uneven.

I'm considering just leaving for a month or so and keeping an eye on it. As I said, cosmetically it doesn't bother me, but I'm nervous in case it worsens with moisture exposure, although I suspect there's probably a few mm of acrylic covering on top of the fiberglass.

Again, any other experiences or knowledge out there appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I did state deep gouge, not scratch, was much worse than what you have there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back