Bathroom downlights. Changing bulbs?

Sponsored Links
Normal fittings the chrome bezel should unscrew anti-clockwise probably a quarter turn. The fan light one you just pull the bulb straight down.

After pulling the fan one. My response was... "Oh...right". That was easy. Now i can read the bulb to get 4 replacements.

However. Really struggling to get the others off.

If its just turn, why arnt the lights glued to the ceiling? I assume thers a obvious answer haha.

Il get some grips\plumbers wrench on um..

Thanks!!

Attachments

• 1452958576243-1820316201.jpg
    1452958576243-1820316201.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 405
If that's the lamp that came out, and you don't have the pin, then you're gonna need a new lamp holder. That bulb should have two of those pins on the bottom, not one. You might be able to prise it out from the holder with pliers (power off) but it's not looking good.

Sponsored Links
Pulled that little pin off.

Still trying to get into the other twist ones

Does this help? :\

Attachments

• 1452960884098-1602100766.jpg
    1452960884098-1602100766.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 349
It doesn't help. You do not access the lamp from above, or by pulling the fitting out of the ceiling.
The bezel should detach by unscrewing it a quarter of a turn, as described above. In fact the bezel picture shows a couple of nodules that are the grips for your fingers so you can turn it.
If it won't turn then heat and time may have stuck the two halves together. You'll get there in the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back